Undergraduate Certificate in History of Art
1. The course shall consist of lectures, tutorials, seminars and classes on the subject of the History of Art. The course is available on a part-time basis only over a period two years.
2. Every candidate will be required to satisfy the examiners in the following:
(a) Five written assignments of not more than 1,500 words and three of not more than 2,000 words based on the subjects taught
(b) Two research projects one of 3,000 words and one of 5,000 words on a subject approved by the course director
The written work under (a) and the research projects under (b) will be submitted via the University approved online assessment platform. Work will be submitted for consideration by such dates as the examiners shall determine and shall notify candidates.
3. Candidates may be expected to attend a viva voce examination at the end of the course.
4. The examiners may award a distinction to candidates for the Certificate.
5. Candidates who fail to satisfy the examiners in the written work under 2(a) and (b) may be permitted to resubmit work in respect of part or parts of the examination which they have failed on not more than one occasion which shall normally be within one year of the initial failure.