Postgraduate Diploma in Sustainable Urban Development
1. The Continuing Education Board shall elect for the supervision of the course a course committee that shall have the power to arrange lectures and other instruction in the theory and practice of Sustainable Urban Development. The postgraduate diploma is only available to students admitted to the degree of MSc in Sustainable Urban Development.
2. The course is available on a part-time basis only over a period of six terms.
3. Candidates may be permitted to seek an extension of time for up to three terms.
4. Every candidate will be required to satisfy the examiners in the following:
a) seven written assignments, each being on one of the units listed in the Schedule below, and each of not more than 3000 words in length.
The assessed work set out in clause 4 a) shall be submitted through an electronic submission system to the examiners for consideration by such date as the examiners shall determine and of which they shall notify candidates.
5. Candidates may be required to attend a viva voce examination at the end of the course of studies at the discretion of the examiners.
6. The examiners may award a distinction to candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma.
7. Candidates who fail to satisfy the examiners in any part of the examination may be permitted to resubmit work in respect of the part or parts of the examination that they have failed for examination on not more than one occasion which shall normally be within one year of the original failure.
8. The course committee shall have the discretion to permit any candidate to be exempted, in exceptional circumstances, from submitting an assignment, provided that the committee is satisfied that such a candidate has undertaken equivalent study, or have appropriate work experience to an equivalent standard.
Introducing Sustainable Urban Development
Climate Change and the Built Environment
Place-making and Urban Design
Urbanism, Community and City-building
Leadership, Governance and Future Cities
Urbanisation and the Global South
Any other subject approved by the course committee.
Not all units will be available in any one year.