Postgraduate Diploma in Artificial Intelligence for Business (Part-time)
1. The Executive Committee of the Saïd Business School shall have the power to grant Postgraduate Diplomas in AI for Business to candidates who have satisfied the conditions prescribed in this section and any further conditions which the Committee may prescribe by regulation.
2. The examination for the Postgraduate Diploma shall be under the supervision of the Executive Committee of the Saïd Business School which shall have power, subject to the approval of the Social Sciences Divisional Board, to make regulations governing the examination.
3. Candidates may be admitted as students for the Postgraduate Diploma under such conditions as the Committee shall prescribe, provided that before admission candidates shall have satisfied the Committee that they have appropriate educational experience acceptable to the Committee, have relevant professional experience, and are well equipped to enter the proposed course of study.
4. Any person who has been accepted as a candidate for the Postgraduate Diploma, and who has satisfactorily pursued the course prescribed by the Committee, may be admitted to the examination.
5. If, for good cause, a student is temporarily unable to carry out their studies, the Programme Director may grant a temporary suspension of status, normally, for not less than twelve months at any one time. Applications for suspension of status should be made to the Programme Director, c/o the relevant Programme Manager; and will require additional approval from the Director of Graduate Studies. No student may be granted more than twelve months’ suspension of status in this way by the Programme Director.
1. Candidates must follow a course of instruction in AI for Business for at least twelve months and not more than twenty-four months. Candidates must complete:
(a) Four courses, and satisfy the examiners in the assessment associated with each course. The four courses are:
i. The Landscape of Technological Disruption
ii. The Business of Big Data and Machine Learning
iii. AI in Practice
iv. Strategic Leadership in the age of AI
Details can be found in the course handbook.
(b) Courses (i) to (iii) will each be assessed by a coursework submission. Course (iv) will be assessed by a final integrative written assignment of 6,000 words. Assignments must be submitted online, as set out in the assessment section of the programme Canvas site, not later than 12 noon on the stipulated submission date, which will be published by the Programme Director by the first module of the programme.
2. Candidates may be admitted to either the open programme or the closed company-specific programme. In exceptional circumstances, candidates on the closed company-specific programme may be permitted to transfer to the open programme. Candidates on the open programme cannot transfer to the closed company-specific programme.
3. Candidates may be examined viva voce on one or more of the written assignments.
4. Candidates who fail to satisfy the Examiners in the assessment of any of the components may retake or resubmit the failed assessment once, no more than 12 months after the final meeting of the Board of Examiners, excluding any period of suspension.
5. With the approval of the Programme Director, a candidate may substitute any of courses (i) to (iii) on the Postgraduate Diploma with core courses from the part-time MBA, the Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Strategy, the Postgraduate Diploma in Global Business, the Postgraduate Diploma in Organisational Leadership, the Postgraduate Diploma in Strategy and Innovation, or M.Sc. in Major Programme Management, assuming that core course falls within the permitted registration period for the original Postgraduate Diploma.