Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
1. The Centre for Teaching and Learning, jointly with the Continuing Education Board, shall elect for the supervision of the course a Steering Committee that shall have the power to arrange a course of study in teaching and learning in higher education. The course will consist of workshops, self-directed study and experiential learning in the theory and practice of teaching and learning in higher education.
2. The course will take place on a part-time basis over a period of not less than three terms.
3. Every candidate will be required to satisfy the examiners in a portfolio of not more than 13,000 words, or a portfolio consisting of written items and recorded presentations of an equivalent length to 13,000 words, as specified in the course handbook.
4. The assessed work set out in clause 3. shall be submitted via the approved online submission system. Candidates will be notified of submission dates in the handbook issued at the start of the course.
5. Candidates who fail to satisfy the examiner in the assessment may be permitted to resubmit their portfolio on not more than one occasion which shall be at the next submission date following the original failure.