Master of Science by Coursework in Educational Assessment (Part-time)
1. The Course shall be under the supervision of the Academic Committee of the Department of Education.
2. Candidates must follow for six terms a course of instruction specializing in Educational Assessment. This course is available on a part-time basis only.
3. The examination shall consist of three core papers, one option paper, and a dissertation. Candidates will be informed of the available options by Friday of 0th week of Michaelmas Term in the year they start their course.
4. Papers are normally assessed by one or more coursework assignments totalling no more than 4,500 words. The details of the assessment requirements for each paper will be provided in the Course Handbook.
5. Candidates are required to submit a dissertation of 15,000 – 20,000 words, the title to be selected in consultation with the supervisor, on a topic relevant to the course. The dissertation must be submitted no later than noon on the third Thursday in September in the final year of the course.
6. If a candidate receives a failing mark for any of the summative assessments or dissertation, they may resubmit the assessment on one further occasion when this is next examined, or at an earlier date as agreed with the Course Director. If a candidate fails the dissertation, they may resubmit the dissertation one further time on the next occasion when this is examined.
7. Candidates may also be required to attend an oral examination for any assessment.
- Assessment issues and practices
- Assessment design and evaluation
- Psychometrics and assessment analysis
- Classroom-based assessment
- Advanced statistical methods