Undergraduate Diploma in Theological Studies
Differences from 2018/19 to 2020/21
1. The course shall consist of lectures, tutorials, seminars and/or classes on the subject of Theology. The course is available on a full-time basis, taken over a period of three terms, or on a part-time basis taken over a period of six terms.
2. Candidates will normally be expected to have
satisfactorily completedthe Undergraduate Certificate in Theological Studies. Applications for dispensation from this requirement will be considered, in exceptional circumstances only, by the Continuing Education Board. To be dispensed from this requirement, candidates must demonstrate that they have undertaken equivalent study to an equivalent standard.
3. Every candidate will be required to satisfy the examiners in written assignments or examination papers as specified, for six papers, to include:
i. Each of Papers A1 to A4 from Part 1 of Schedule for the Degree of Bachelor of Theology;
ii. Two further papers from Part 1 of the same Schedule, at least one of which must be selected from Papers A5 to A8.
4. Every candidate will be required to satisfy the examiners in written assignments or examination papers as specified, for a further six papers, to include at least one from each of sections B, C and D of the Schedule for the Degree of Bachelor of Theology.
Paper A9 or A10 from Part 1 of the Schedule may be offered unless already offered for the Undergraduate Certificate. Papers B6 and B7 may normally only be offered if Paper A9 or A10 respectively were offered for the Undergraduate Certificate.
The written work under 3. and 4.
will be submitted via the Department for Continuing Education approved online submission system. Videos or other recordings will be submitted in an appropriate electronic format to the Examiners for the Diploma in Theological Studies, Rewley House, Wellington Square, Oxford for consideration by such dates as the examiners shall determine and shall notify candidates.
5. Candidates may be required to attend a viva voce examination at the end of the course.